Monday, May 5, 2008

She did it!


I'm so glad this study didn't come out when my siblings and I were growing up. Here's the story.

Basicamente (it is Cinco de Mayo after all) the article says first borns take more crap from parents. It only confirms what my older sister, Emily, believed all along. She had the curfews, the rules, the restrictions. She was responsible for setting an example the other children could follow so she may have actually had it harder then myself or baby brother Ben according to this story.

I'm a middle child so my shtick was the everybody hates me, I'm invisible, no one cares about me routine. It worked in my favor.

Ben was just off in his own world. Pretty much after my sister and I entered our teen my mom was like, "stick a fork in me." I don't blame her. We were bad.

Where were you in the sibling chain? Does the study personally ring true?

xoxoL

5 comments:

cannamoma said...

I was the first born. my sister 6 years behind me. I totally had the restrictions and curfews and chores! god the chores. She on the ohter is the princess spoiled rotten (which my parents totally agree that she is spoiled; but "can't help themselves") and college paid for by the parents, where as I had to pay for out of pocket to go to college, in which case I dropped out my 2ndyear of going.... I just couldnt afford it on my own or the loans. So yea that holds very ture i think.

Lily Writes said...

It sounds like you may have had it even harder than Emily. The study also says that the first born usually ends up being the most organized and responsible. I don't know if that's the case in my family. My sister and I are pretty equal when it comes to that.

lisa mc said...

This survey means nothing to me because I never had any rules, and my younger brother was a total stoner and didn't follow the rules set for him.

Uh oh. Is my mom a bad mother?

this could explain why I disrespect authority... haha.

Lily Writes said...

I thought you were the stoner?

Le Meems said...

I'm the first born, and I am pretty organized and responsible. Now.

I sort of did alot of drugs, went to overnight parties, and created havoc when I was younger.

All my mother asked was that I get good grades and go to college (and the silent part was Get The Eff out of Her House, hahahah).

My brother, totally played the I Dont Matter part. But he is also the only boy.

My sister, is spoiled - but mostly by her numerous man friends. But ironically, she's the most fiscally responsible. Homegirl bought a brand new car, cash, when she was 19.