Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wedding. The sequel.

It's a bit early to be stressing this the way that I am right now, but plans for my second wedding are already getting confusing and frustrating.

Let me back up and explain a little first. Morgan and I were married in Feb. 2007 in Las Vegas. It was a fun, fast adventure, brought on by a rapidly-approaching deployment date.

Though I'm glad we made it official then, I want the real deal now. The dress, flowers, reception and honeymoon. Spring 2009 is pretty much monopolized by our friends Travis and Frank who are marrying their sweethearts, Magda and Lauren, in May and June.

I don't want to sweat through my gown so a summer 2009 wedding is off. Fall in New England is perfect. September is better than October because there's less rain. I chose the 19th for reasons of site availability. Well, it turns out the 19th is the second day of Rosh Hashana! (Yummy side note)

Those of you who know me know I'm not a religious person, but my aunt and uncle are. They would prefer I not have the wedding on the 19th, but there's not much I can do. Every other weekend in September is taken! All of this just to pick a date? I knew there was a reason I procrastinated doing this for so long.

Argh.

4 comments:

Allison Kennedy said...

It'll work out. I had one friend say, "If Auburn's playing at home that day, I can't make it."

cannamoma said...

yes wedding planning is stressfull. and mine is in July and it's only september and already i'm getting frustrated aboutthings... but they tell it iwll all fall intok place as needed.

LadyGaldagon said...

Ladies I wish you all much happiness and success with your Wedding Stress. As for myself, my Soul Mate and I will be married at the Courthouse this Friday with only the lil ones in attendance (iffen my lil brother can't make it from out of town to witness..mercy!) followed by lunch and then the car is loaded with our "wedding attire". Instead of usual wedding hoopla I knew would make him uncomfortable I opted to do something he would enjoy...a "Romantic Camping Honeymoon". Talk about no stress...just the stars and US. When I hold his hand this weekend and walk along the riverbanks of the Great Smokey Mountains I will cherish those memories while he is on deployment next Summer. To me there couldn't be a sweeter honeymoon than spending time with the one you love and whom loves you back in such a remarkable seetting. Just remember ladies while you do all that stressing and planning ..the trappings are great but when it is all said and done..it is Just YOU and HIM that really makes the day! Best of Wishes to you all!

Lily Writes said...

Well said ladygaldagon.