Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breasts


The subject of this post is meant to draw people like you in. It worked and that's OK. Happily, this is really a post about breasts...and the cancer that they can get. Did you know 178,480 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer and 40,460 women will die from the disease? That's from the Susan G. Komen Foundation. In short, breast cancer sucks.

I wrote a story for tomorrow's newspaper about the Ultimate Drive to Cure Breast Cancer event that pulled into Columbus today as part of their 10-week national tour. Here's an excerpt:

It’s a way to get guys to care about the charity.
That’s what Andy Boone said about the BMW Ultimate Drive to cure breast cancer event that took place Wednesday at BMW of Columbus on Whittlesey Boulevard.
“My wife, she donates a lot to cancer charities,” said participant Brandon Sellers. “She gets to do her charities and I get to drive a BMW.”


Hopefully no one gets offended by this. Boone was only kidding...I think.

Well, have a slap happy hump day and click here and here for a little breast-related fun.

Werd.

3 comments:

Le Meems said...

One time (not at band camp) for Viacom, I did a benefit concert for breast cancer in oakland. There was a mammogram bus onsite for free mammograms.

No one woul dreally step up to the plate so my boss asked me to get things started.

And thats how, at age 23, I found out how much a mammogram hurts and also how I found myself nearly topless near the 880 freeway during an A's game and concert in front of 50,000 demonstrating the cold, metallic smoosh.

Le Meems said...

p.s. I tagged you

Lily Writes said...

Le meems! Always great to hear from you. Thanks for all your comments. Keep them coming. It makes me feel loved and wanted. You know, all those things I didn't feel as child because my parents neglected me. Just kidding mom and dad. :)