Friday, March 14, 2008

I love sunshowers

This afternoon I was driving along Veterans Parkway and it started to rain. Big 'ol fat rain, as Forrest Gump would say. Anyway, this rain was special because it really wasn't that cloudy overhead. In fact, the sun was shining right through those cumuluform clouds. The way it reflected off these plump drops created mini earth bound prisms that crashed into and exploded on the cars and concrete. It was a lot to look at while driving, but I couldn't help thinking about how I wanted to savor the moment and blog about this. Sunshowers happen, for sure. Just not too often where I'm from. When experienced it can really add a refreshing twist to your afternoon. Who says rainy days have to be depressing?

2 comments:

Le Meems said...

sunshowers sounds so romantic and forlornly hopeful.

I'm listening to some blonde chick sing "Here Comes The Sun" on American idol while photographs the chicken I made for dinner ... so maybe I'm a little sentimental and sweet right now.

Come visit soon

kiss kiss gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Beautiful post, Lily. I love that you have a blog now. Consider yourself stalked by me