Thursday, August 28, 2008

Disappearing act



In third grade, my dad walked into my classroom with flowers for Valentine's day, threatening to sing to me in front of my peers. Geesh.

In middle school, he drove me to school one October dressed as a cow then proceeded to see me off with a kiss on the cheek and a wave of his udders. Mortifying.

My sophomore year in high school a man dressed in a gorilla suit interrupted my Spanish class with a birthday song and candy. Thanks again dad.

What else do these special father-daughter moments have in common besides the fact that they scarred me for life?

Well, they all made me want to want to disappear, of course. Too bad the technology wasn't there...yet.

Good news for those still struggling with embarrassing dads. The Army is developing materials that could render people and objects invisible, according to the Army Times.

Have a fab Thursday.

xoxoL

No comments: