Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My lovely lady lumps

My body is literally covered in bruises and bumps from playing soccer FOUR DAYS AGO!

Does this mean I'm getting old?

In defense of my nagging injuries, all true athletes are damaged goods, even this one.

Watching the Olympics last night, I realized just how beat up everyone is.

I am by no means comparing my measly knee sprain, sustained while playing in a co-ed soccer game, to those injuries endured by Herculean Olympic athletes, but I am saying that shit happens to the best, and worst, of us and for some reason it makes me feel better (and less old) to be a hobbling 26-year-old.

So, the good news is I've only sprained my ACL. I'm out for the rest of the season but I'll be able to play in the fall. I'm going to start rehabbing myself over the weekend (after taking a few days off) by jumping on the bike and doing quad and calf-strengthening exercises.

Oh, yeah, and I have to wear a really annoying brace.

xoxoL

No comments: