Monday, August 11, 2008

Irresponsible reffing

I think I messed up my knee playing in Sunday's soccer game.

Three times the same man pushed me down using very aggressive and illegal tactics and he didn't receive a yellow card from the ref until the third assault. Well, that's all my knee could take apparently because I went down and felt something pull.

The pain wasn't bad at the time, though, so I finished the game, got an assist then guest played for another team in need of players.

This morning I woke up in great pain. My ankle and knee are swollen, I have charlie horses on both quads and various cuts and bruises on my knees and elbows.

I understand there's a certain amount of risk involved in playing sports and I welcome that. I like aggressive play, but this guy was just dangerous and by "this guy" I mean the ref.

It is the ref's job to know the rules of the game, which he didn't, and make sure there's no illegal shenanigans like kicking, slide tackling, pushing, etc. (Yes, I said shenanigans)

I don't know where his head was, but it certainly wasn't on that field and now I'm paying for it.

I'm visiting doc in a box tomorrow to get a referral to someone who can tell me what's wrong. I'm afraid it's this.

So I'll keep you all updated.

xoxoL

No comments: