Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas wish fulfilled

Merry Christmas Eve!

Be warned...this is a long one.

Some of you already know that I got an early present yesterday in the form of a 6'4" soldier named Morgan!

This is how the trickery went down:

Stefanie, my room mate, called me at work about 4 p.m. and said she had something to show me so she was going to stop by the office. I told her to just call me when she got here.

About 10 minutes later she called and I made my way down stairs. She was outside sitting on a bench, alone. I approached and she got up and walked toward me, something cupped in her hand. I looked at it and saw that it was a digital camera. It was Morgan's digital camera.

Two seconds passed and I heard a voice behind me. I turned and immediately put both my hands to my face in disbelief. There he was, like he's been in my dreams for the past year.

He was still wearing his ACUs and looking as handsome as ever.

We embraced. He literally swept me off my feet then sat down with me on his lap on the cool bench. I stared at him for about a minute straight, still trying to comprehend his presence.

One regret I have is that I was not dressed appropriately for the occasion. I hate the pants I'm wearing in the pictures that were snapped. Severe high waters. I also didn't have on a lot of make-up because I was too lazy to apply all of it that morning.

Morgan said I looked beautiful, though, so I guess I should just be grateful for that.

Pictures are forthcoming. I just need to get them from Morgan's camera to this blog. Also, as luck would have it, when I exited the building to meet Stef I was walking and talking with one of the newspaper's photographers, Seth. He snapped some pictures as well. Being a professional photojournalist, perhaps there will be some really good ones in there. Or at least some I can tolerate.

xoxoL

No comments: