Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thirsty phone

So my brand new LG QWERTY keyboard phone was either very thirsty or suicidal this morning because it decided to jump out of my bag and into a deep puddle of muddy water.

Seriously, I think I saw a tad pole swimming around in the flip screen. My mom said it could just be a new fancy feature of the phone, like a 3-D screen saver. Funny, but doubtful, mommy.

My dad suggested I put the phone in the toaster oven to dry it out and my father-in-law suggested I take the battery out and stick the sopping wet phone in a bag or jar of rice. Both very intriguing suggestions I must say and I would have tried them had I not freaked out, drove as fast as I could to the Verizon store and, to my chagrin, replaced the phone.

Needless to say, the situation was a huge pain in the ass and it was a costly one to boot as I didn't have insurance on the phone.

I do now.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing a wet phone?

xoxoL

2 comments:

cannamoma said...

I dropped my phone in water one time, and took it apart and took a hair dryer too it and then let it sit over night. It worked atfer cominpletely drying out.

Le Meems said...

The rice and toaster oven are all very good ideas.
I like to set my wet phones on top of the dryer while its on to warm my phone.